Database synchronisation over the internet... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Wim Aarts
Subject Database synchronisation over the internet...
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi All,

Availabilty is going to play an important role in some postgreSQL applications
we've build, (mission critical for those who wants to know).
Up until now everything has been straight forward SQL. And for backups we rely
on dumps and tapes. In the near future we would like to have a system that
enables synchronisation of data over the internet.
The requirements are:
security of data... (SSL ? in Europe)
master slave concept where the data on the slave is only changed by the master
and is allowed to be 10 minutes behind.

What might we a good strategy for implementing such a system?

--
Wim Aarts