Postgresql on file system EXT2 or EXT3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Carmen Wai
Subject Postgresql on file system EXT2 or EXT3
Date
Re: Postgresql on file system EXT2 or EXT3  (Rich Shepard <rshepard@appl-ecosys.com>)
Re: Postgresql on file system EXT2 or EXT3  ("Keith C. Perry" <netadmin@vcsn.com>)
Re: Postgresql on file system EXT2 or EXT3  (Mike Benoit <mikeb@netnation.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hello:

I would like to know whether there is any different in installing Postgresql
on the Linux system with file system of EXT2 or EXT3. I have two machines
with idential OS (Red Hat 7.3 install with postgresql 7.3.4) but with
different file system, 1 is EXT2 and the other is EXT3. When I insert 10,000
records to the two machines, I found that the machine with EXT2 insert much
quicker than the other with EXT3.

Is postgresqk perform better with EXT2 file system?

Thanks a lot!
Carmen

Linguaphone :  Learning English? Get Japanese lessons for FREE
http://go.msnserver.com/HK/30476.asp