Re: Open source data modeling tools for PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jean-Michel POURE
Subject Re: Open source data modeling tools for PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
Le Jeudi 27 Novembre 2003 14:53, Horák Daniel a écrit :
> I am developing DataDesigner, which tries to be an open source, DB
> independent, modelling tool. You can look at
> http://www.danny.cz/datadesigner.en.html, SourceForge project is at
> http://sf.net/projects/dbdesign
> I think it could be useful to share at least ideas or code of pgdesigner
> (the "schema" screenshot looks very good) and my DataDesigner ;-)

Dear Daniel,

All this seems very interesting. Doors are wide open at pgAdmin for John and
you to implement a powerfull data designer and distribute it in bundle with
pgAdmin.

Andreas and Dave have plans to release a pgAdmin suite including several
applications (administration, designer, etc...). Each application would stay
independant if needed.

This way, we could reach a large number of potential users under GNU/Linux,
Win32, FreeBSD and soon MacOSX, SunOS.

If you are interested, please visit http://www.pgadmin.org. I cross-post
pgAdmin mailing list in order to keep the address of your project in mind.

Best regards,
Jean-Michel Pouré