Re: backup/restore buttons deactivated - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: backup/restore buttons deactivated
Date
List pgadmin-support

We always build against the absolute latest version of PostgreSQL -
pg_dump is backwards compatible so it should always work. Of course,
it's not beyond he realms of possibility that it might produce a dump
that cannot be re-imported into an old version of PostgreSQL, but if you
run into that situation, about all you can do is either upgrade, or
replace pg_dump with an older version.

> I think that I can find a way to copy pg_dump and pg_restore into the
> bundle (during "make install"), but I'll be very busy the
> next few days,
> so it'll have to wait until the weekend.

OK, great - thanks.

Regards, Dave.