Re: backup/restore buttons deactivated - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: backup/restore buttons deactivated
Date
List pgadmin-support

[re: pgadmin3.app not being able to find pg_dump/pg_restore]

> On Nov 19, 2005, at 4:46 PM, Dave Page wrote:
>
> > What I don't know offhand, is
> > whether the path has any effect on things started from the Finder,
> > or if
> > it does, what shell is everything running under (and therefore, what
> > script should be modified)?
> >
> > I will check this out when I'm next on my Mac.
>

> No, an application launched from the Dock or Finder won't have the
> user's search path. Here is link which explains it and one possible
> solution.
>
> But hopefully there is a better solution than creating a plist file.
>
> http://www.misplaced.net/fom/X11/36.html

Thanks for the link. We do already have a plist file - the only sensible
option I can think of is to add /usr/local/pgsql/bin (and whereever the
dports version installs if it's different) to the path in it and hope
the user installs PostgreSQL there. We can always include a note in the
docs explaining how to adjust it if required.

Unless anyone has a better idea? Florian or Richard perhaps?

Regards, Dave.