Re: Running PostGre on DVD - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zeugswetter Andreas DAZ SD
Subject Re: Running PostGre on DVD
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > This has been proposed before, and always rejected. While you're
> > always welcome to provide a patch, I'm very doubtful it would be
> > accepted into the main product.
>
> The example given in this thread certainly isn't going to change
anybody's mind.
> "Hi, I propose reducing everybody's security because my local admins
insist on an
> utterly brain-dead security policy."

I think there is still need for discussion in this area for typical
Windows desktop use.

1. You can run Windows without creating users at all.
2. You may be using a Windows box where you are not allowed to create a
user

To apply unix practices to Windows is imho not really practicable.
For example a Windows developer usually uses an account with
administrative privs
and thus cannot run "make check" from his account :-(

Andreas