Running PostGre on DVD - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From eric.leguillier@mpsa.com
Subject Running PostGre on DVD
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Hi everybody,

My questions may seem kind of odd.

I would like to run PostGreSQL on a DVD (database on the DVD and if
possible executable on DVD too) on windows.
I want no installation at all, so I took the no install package.

The problem is the need of creating a non-admin user to run PostGre, I
would like to know if there is an option to parameter PostGre to accept
WILLINGLY that an administrator user can run it. If there isn't, it would
be a great idea to add such a parameter.

Secondly, I would like to run PostGre having only read permission on the
data directory (which would be on the DVD...). Is it possible? If not, can
it be added (add of a 'read-only' option).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Eric LEGUILLIER