Re: More schema queries - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: More schema queries
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Thanks.

> I'm still interested in why explicitly saying "create view
> pg_catalog.foo" didn't work ...

I've just been playing with this as you suggested, and using an initdb
with both 'create view foo' and 'create view pg_catalog.bar', with the
-- style switch I get (for both types of view):

namespace_search_path   = $user,public
newRelation->schemaname = null
namespaceId             = 2200 (public)

So I guess the problem is a combination of the getopt() that we've
already found, and schemaname being null in the newRelation structure.

Using the -c style switch in PGSQL_OPTS gives namespace_search_path =
pg_catalog as expected.

I am interested in learning more about this so any pointers you might
offer would be useful (I seriously doubt I'd find the fault myself
though) but I do understand that you probably have better things to do
than help me begin to understand the internals so I won't be overly
offended if you don't have time :-)

Cheers, Dave.