More schema queries - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject More schema queries
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I have some schema queries/thoughts that I would appreciate some
help/insights/fixes with/for please!

(Apologies if these have been asked before or have been addressed in a
recent snapshot - my ISP's been having routing problems recently & I
can't reach postgresql.org via http right now).

1) All the system views are currently part of the public namespace. Not
a problem for me, but shouldn't they be in pg_catalog?

2) pgAdmin needs to be able to find out the namespace search path for
the current connection through an SQL query - is this possible yet or
can/will a suitable function be written?

There were more than that when I started typing this but I had a flash
of inspiration and they went away :-)

TIA,

Regards, Dave.