Re: More schema queries - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: More schema queries
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Dave Page" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk> writes:
> 1) All the system views are currently part of the public namespace. Not
> a problem for me, but shouldn't they be in pg_catalog?

Say what?  They *are* in pg_catalog.  initdb creates nothing in public.

> 2) pgAdmin needs to be able to find out the namespace search path for
> the current connection through an SQL query - is this possible yet or
> can/will a suitable function be written?

Either 'show search_path' or 'select current_schemas()' might do what
you want; or perhaps not.  Why do you want to know the search path?
What's the scenario in which pgAdmin wouldn't set the search path
for itself?