Re: SP-GiST for ranges based on 2d-mapping and quad-tree - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alexander Korotkov
Subject Re: SP-GiST for ranges based on 2d-mapping and quad-tree
Date
Re: SP-GiST for ranges based on 2d-mapping and quad-tree  (Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas@vmware.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Mar 3, 2013 at 6:37 PM, Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 02/09/2013 05:36 PM, Alexander Korotkov wrote:

Your comments and refactoring looks good for me.
This patch is currently flagged as waiting for author. Have you had a chance to test and examine Jeff's changes in more detail? Would you consider giving us a summary of the status of this work - do you think you can have it production-ready within a week or two, with all necessary tests and documentation.

Note that Jeff wrote:

Please take a look and see if it still matches your algorithm properly.
This patch is not intended to be a final version (I didn't analyze my
code carefully), but just to show you what I mean and how I interpret
what the code is trying to do.

... so it's clear that you need to read the patch in detail and make any desired edits, re-test, and go from there.

I see a couple of changes to the regression tests. Do you need any documentation changes for this too? Any user-visible effects other than performance?

This patch only adds one more operator to already committed new opclass. Tests already cover this case. Without patch corresponding test leads to sequential scan instead of index scan. However, I can't see any documentation changes about already committed opclass. I think we need a documentation update as an separate patch.
Jeff changes only does comments changes and renaming, I don't need to examine them more.

------
With best regards,
Alexander Korotkov.