Re: SP-GiST for ranges based on 2d-mapping and quad-tree - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: SP-GiST for ranges based on 2d-mapping and quad-tree
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 03.03.2013 19:42, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
> This patch only adds one more operator to already committed new opclass.
> Tests already cover this case. Without patch corresponding test leads to
> sequential scan instead of index scan.

Thanks, committed with some trivial cleanup.

> However, I can't see any
> documentation changes about already committed opclass. I think we need a
> documentation update as an separate patch.

Agreed. I think a small mention in the Range Types - Indexing section
(http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/rangetypes.html#RANGETYPES-GIST)
will do.

- Heikki