Re: SP-GiST for ranges based on 2d-mapping and quad-tree - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: SP-GiST for ranges based on 2d-mapping and quad-tree
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 02/09/2013 05:36 PM, Alexander Korotkov wrote:

Your comments and refactoring looks good for me.
This patch is currently flagged as waiting for author. Have you had a chance to test and examine Jeff's changes in more detail? Would you consider giving us a summary of the status of this work - do you think you can have it production-ready within a week or two, with all necessary tests and documentation.

Note that Jeff wrote:

Please take a look and see if it still matches your algorithm properly.
This patch is not intended to be a final version (I didn't analyze my
code carefully), but just to show you what I mean and how I interpret
what the code is trying to do.

... so it's clear that you need to read the patch in detail and make any desired edits, re-test, and go from there.

I see a couple of changes to the regression tests. Do you need any documentation changes for this too? Any user-visible effects other than performance?

--  Craig Ringer                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/ PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training & Services