Re: pg_basebackup on slave running for a long time - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Subhankar Chattopadhyay
Subject Re: pg_basebackup on slave running for a long time
Date
Re: pg_basebackup on slave running for a long time  (John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com>)
List pgsql-general
So, the question here is while I apply update on Slave, how do I know
if if it will be able to catch up or I need Wal archive? Is there a
way I can determine this? In my case, while applying update on slave,
the db process will be stopped, so the query, even if it gives correct
value, won't help. Can anybody help in here?

--

Subhankar Chattopadhyay
Bangalore, India