Replication of a database or schemas from a database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Johann Spies
Subject Replication of a database or schemas from a database
Date
List pgsql-general
We would like to have a master(read/write) version of a database  (or a schema or two) on one server and a readonly version of of the same database.  The only changed on the second one may be to duplicate changes to views, materialized_views and indexes that also happened on the first one.

We work with different versions of data of which the content version in production will not change except for the changes described in the previous paragraph.

About all the replication/load sharing solutions I have read about work on the cluster/server-level.

I have seen one person referring to Slony or Londiste for a situation like this but also referring that it might be an in house option from PG 9.5 onwards.

Do I have to use something like Slony or Londiste or can it be done with a standard 9.6 installation?

We would like read queries to be run on both servers in a distributed way if possible.

Recommendations for a solution would be welcomed.

Regards
Johann

--
Because experiencing your loyal love is better than life itself,
my lips will praise you.  (Psalm 63:3)