Re: Remove unused function from walsender.c - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Remove unused function from walsender.c
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 11 April 2016 at 08:05, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:

There is an unused function GetOldestWALSendPointer() in walsender.c.
Per comment, it was introduced because we may need it in the future for
synchronous replication.

Now we have very similar function SyncRepGetOldestSyncRecPtr() in
syncrep.c. Which makes me think that GetOldestWALSendPointer()
no longer needs to be maintained. So, is it time to remove that unused
function?

Seems sensible cleanup to me.