Re: Pglogical questions and problems - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Pglogical questions and problems
Date
Re: Pglogical questions and problems  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Re: Pglogical questions and problems  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 12 April 2016 at 23:46, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:

So what am I missing?

Thanks for the bug report, but unfortunately the CF is now over and pglogical is not in 9.6. So its a little late for reviews and bug reports.

I'm not sure of the exact status of pglogical now. It's has a good reception outside of Hackers, but not much has been said here, so its unclear whether it will be in 9.7. Obviously if its not got support and will eventually be rejected for an alternate design, fixing the bugs won't be worthwhile discussion on Hackers.

If we want this in 9.7, we'll need lots of people's support, design commentary and assistance with bug fixing. So some exploration of whether this is a pglogical issue, an origin issue or decoding issue would help a lot, if you can provide that? Obviously, investigating every case is difficult but we should be able to build up a library of test cases over time to assist with that.

If we agree this is worth further work, I'll take responsibility for it in 9.7.

Anyway, who agrees with the overall design of pglogical and who does not?