Re: Add LSN along with offset to error messages reported for WAL file read/write/validate header failures - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bharath Rupireddy
Subject Re: Add LSN along with offset to error messages reported for WAL file read/write/validate header failures
Date
In response to Re: Add LSN along with offset to error messages reported for WAL file read/write/validate header failures  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
Re: Add LSN along with offset to error messages reported for WAL file read/write/validate header failures  (Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 20, 2022 at 1:27 PM Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 20, 2022 at 5:40 AM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Dec 20, 2022 at 09:01:02AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> > Yeah, my mind was considering as well yesterday the addition of a note
>> > in the docs about something among these lines, so fine by me.
>>
>> And applied that, after tweaking a few tiny things on a last lookup
>> with a catversion bump.  Note that the example has been moved at the
>> bottom of the table for these functions, which is more consistent with
>> the surroundings.
>>

> Hi!
>
> Caught this thread late. To me, pg_dissect_walfile_name() is a really strange name for a function. Grepping our I
codeI see the term dissect s used somewhere inside the regex code and exactly zero instances elsewhere. Which is why I
definitelydidn't recognize the term...

> Wouldn't something like pg_split_walfile_name() be a lot more consistent with the rest of our names?

Hm. FWIW, here's the patch.

--
Bharath Rupireddy
PostgreSQL Contributors Team