Re: Server specific advanced config file for testsuite - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Priyanka Shendge
Subject Re: Server specific advanced config file for testsuite
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

On 13 September 2016 at 14:18, Dave Page <dave.page@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi

On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 6:26 PM, Navnath Gadakh
<navnath.gadakh@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>      As we know that, we are using two JSON files one is for basic
> configuration of server(test_config.json) and second for detailed
> configuration of server(test_advanced_config.json).
> In test_advanced_config.json, we give detail for database, schema,
> extension, collation etc. These details are generic I mean these details are
> not server specific.
> - Do we need to allow user to give server specific details?

I don't see any reason to do so. Honestly I don't see much need for
test_advanced_config.json at all - I can't see anyone ever customising
the tests. I certainly doubt I will.

As per your suggestion, I have added test data to test_advanced_config.json which will be used/changed by advanced user.
test_advanced_config.json contain test data for all nodes (i.e. database, schema, tablespace etc..) except server.
If we dont use test_advanced_config.json file, from where we can fetch test data for all nodes?
We wants to edit test_advanced_config.json as per server type and version as there are 2 types of
servers available i.e. PostgreSQL and EPAS which might have different test data as per server type.
e.g. "owner": in case of PG it can be owner: "postgres"
which may not be available for EPAS, for EPAS it can be "enterprisedb" or vice versa.
If we do not modify the tests and run testsuite it will fail for multiple servers.

--
Dave Page
VP, Chief Architect, Tools & Installers

Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com