Re: Skipping logical replication transactions on subscriber side - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Nancarrow
Subject Re: Skipping logical replication transactions on subscriber side
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Aug 25, 2021 at 2:22 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:

> Attached updated version patches. Please review them.

Regarding the v11-0001 patch, it looks OK to me, but I do have one point:
In apply_dispatch(), wouldn't it be better to NOT move the error
reporting for an invalid message type into the switch as the default
case - because then, if you add a new message type, you won't get a
compiler warning (when warnings are enabled) for a missing switch
case, which is a handy way to alert you that the new message type
needs to be added as a case to the switch.

Regards,
Greg Nancarrow
Fujitsu Australia