Re: Mark all GUC variable as PGDLLIMPORT - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Julien Rouhaud
Subject Re: Mark all GUC variable as PGDLLIMPORT
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 26, 2021 at 1:51 AM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:

> On 2021-Aug-25, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>
> > The thing we need the PGDLLIMPORT definition for is to *import* them
> > on the other end?
>
> Oh ... so modules that are willing to cheat can include their own
> declarations of the variables they need, and mark them __declspec
> (dllimport)?

I just tried and msvc doesn't like it.  It errors out with a C2370
error "redefinition; different storage class".  According to
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/error-messages/compiler-errors-1/compiler-error-c2370
changing __declspec() on the other side is not possible.