Re: fix typos - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From John Naylor
Subject Re: fix typos
Date
Re: fix typos
List pgsql-hackers
I wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 4, 2022 at 8:41 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> >
> > John Naylor <john.naylor@enterprisedb.com> writes:
>
> > > RepOriginId is a typedef for uint16, so this can't print the wrong answer,
> > > but it is inconsistent with other uses. So it seems we don't need to
> > > backpatch this one?
> >
> > Um ... if it's int16, then it can't be an OID, so I'd say this message has
> > far worse problems than %d vs %u.  It should not use that terminology.
>
> The catalog has the following. Since it's not a real oid, maybe this column should be rethought?

This is really a straw-man proposal, since I'm not volunteering to do
the work, or suggest anybody else should do the same. That being the
case, it seems we should just go ahead with Justin's patch for
consistency. Possibly we could also change the messages to say "ID"?

--
John Naylor
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com