Re: fix typos - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From John Naylor
Subject Re: fix typos
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Aug 4, 2022 at 8:41 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> John Naylor <john.naylor@enterprisedb.com> writes:

> > RepOriginId is a typedef for uint16, so this can't print the wrong answer,
> > but it is inconsistent with other uses. So it seems we don't need to
> > backpatch this one?
>
> Um ... if it's int16, then it can't be an OID, so I'd say this message has
> far worse problems than %d vs %u.  It should not use that terminology.

The catalog has the following. Since it's not a real oid, maybe this column should be rethought?

CATALOG(pg_replication_origin,6000,ReplicationOriginRelationId) BKI_SHARED_RELATION
{
/*
* Locally known id that get included into WAL.
*
* This should never leave the system.
*
* Needs to fit into an uint16, so we don't waste too much space in WAL
* records. For this reason we don't use a normal Oid column here, since
* we need to handle allocation of new values manually.
*/
Oid roident;
[...]

--