Re: [HACKERS] GSOC Introduction / Eliminate O(N^2) scaling fromrw-conflict tracking in serializable transactions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: [HACKERS] GSOC Introduction / Eliminate O(N^2) scaling fromrw-conflict tracking in serializable transactions
Date
In response to Re: [HACKERS] GSOC Introduction / Eliminate O(N^2) scaling fromrw-conflict tracking in serializable transactions  ("Mengxing Liu" <liu-mx15@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn>)
Responses Re: [HACKERS] GSOC Introduction / Eliminate O(N^2) scaling fromrw-conflict tracking in serializable transactions  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
> [two people interested in the same GSoC project]

It's an interesting problem to have.

If neither of you chooses to voluntarily back down, the obvious
resolution is for the mentors to vote on the better proposal.  If we
do that early enough during the student application period, there
might still be time for the person whose proposal wasn't chosen to
submit a proposal for an alternative project.  As I see it, that
means:
- I would tend to favor a proposal submitted on the first day  (beginning March 20 16:00 UTC), if only one is.
- I would push for very early voting by the PostgreSQL mentors.

--
Kevin Grittner