Re: [HACKERS] Logical replication existing data copy - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Petr Jelinek
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Logical replication existing data copy
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 09/03/17 18:48, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 3/6/17 05:27, Petr Jelinek wrote:
>> And lastly I changed the automagic around exporting, not exporting and
>> using the snapshot produced by CREATE_REPLICATION_SLOT into explicit
>> parameter for the CREATE_REPLICATION_SLOT command (and added simple
>> framework for adding more of those if needed in the future).
>
> It might be useful to make this into a separate patch, for clarity.

Okay here it is with this part split out. The first patch also help with
Craig's logical decoding on standby so it definitely makes sense to be
split.

This is also rebased on top of the position tracking fix [1] which
together with this patch fixes the error reported by Erik in his
previous email.

I think I resolved all your notes from the review. The only exception
being that the SQL queries are still in libpqwalreceiver.c as we first
need to agree on how the query interface would look like before moving
it around.

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/b235fa69-147a-5e09-f8f3-3f780a1abb2e@2ndquadrant.com