Re: [HACKERS] GSOC Introduction / Eliminate O(N^2) scaling fromrw-conflict tracking in serializable transactions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: [HACKERS] GSOC Introduction / Eliminate O(N^2) scaling fromrw-conflict tracking in serializable transactions
Date
In response to Re: [HACKERS] GSOC Introduction / Eliminate O(N^2) scaling fromrw-conflict tracking in serializable transactions  (Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Kevin,

* Kevin Grittner (kgrittn@gmail.com) wrote:
> > [two people interested in the same GSoC project]
>
> It's an interesting problem to have.
>
> If neither of you chooses to voluntarily back down, the obvious
> resolution is for the mentors to vote on the better proposal.  If we
> do that early enough during the student application period, there
> might still be time for the person whose proposal wasn't chosen to
> submit a proposal for an alternative project.  As I see it, that
> means:
>
>  - I would tend to favor a proposal submitted on the first day
>    (beginning March 20 16:00 UTC), if only one is.
>
>  - I would push for very early voting by the PostgreSQL mentors.

Agreed.  Many thanks!

Stephen