Re: Test 041_checkpoint_at_promote.pl faild in installcheck due to missing injection_points - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Maxim Orlov
Subject Re: Test 041_checkpoint_at_promote.pl faild in installcheck due to missing injection_points
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Shame on me, I didn't mention one thing in the original email.  Actually, the problem starts for me with "make installcheck-world".
And only then I've run a specific test 041_checkpoint_at_promote.pl. I.e. the whole sequence of the commands are:
configure --enable_injection_points ...
make world
make install-world
initdb ...
pg_ctl ... start
make installcheck-world

And all the tests passes perfectly, for example, in REL_15_STABLE because there is no opt like enable_injection_points.
But this is not the case if we are dealing with the current master branch.  So, my point here: installcheck-world doesn't
work on the current master branch until I explicitly install injection_points extension.  In my view, it's a bit wired, since
neither test_decoding, pg_stat_statements or pg_prewarm demand it.

--
Best regards,
Maxim Orlov.