Re: [pgsql-pkg-yum] pgadmin4 RPM broken? - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From John Harvey
Subject Re: [pgsql-pkg-yum] pgadmin4 RPM broken?
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum
Hi Devrim,

Thanks for putting all of the changes in.  They all work great!

On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 9:35 AM, Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:

> 4) When I try building with the current pgadmin4 specfile on RHEL7, I get
> an error at patch-time:
> Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]
>
> I'm not sure why this occurs.  I'll keep investigating.

Can't reproduce -- can you please clean up your repo and try again?

I keep seeing it even in a clean repo, but I'll try to dig a little deeper.
It could definitely be something in my environment.
I'll try to provide more helpful information if it is something that's a problem.

I found two more specfile recommendations today after some more testing:

1) I would suggest adding "BuildRequires: pgadmin4-python-simplejson" to the pgadmin4 specfile.

Without it, I see this trace in the build log:

Generating code-snippet.rst for some of the important classes...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "build_code_snippet.py", line 61, in <module>
    from pgadmin.browser.utils import NodeView
  File "pgadmin4/BUILD/pgadmin4-1.3/web/pgadmin/browser/__init__.py", line 19, in <module>
    from pgadmin.settings import get_setting
  File "pgadmin4/BUILD/pgadmin4-1.3/web/pgadmin/settings/__init__.py", line 19, in <module>
    from pgadmin.utils.ajax import make_json_response, bad_request
  File "pgadmin4/BUILD/pgadmin4-1.3/web/pgadmin/utils/ajax.py", line 15, in <module>
    import simplejson as json
ImportError: No module named simplejson
make[1]: [code_snippet] Error 1 (ignored)
sphinx-build -b html -d _build/doctrees   . _build/html

The build continues even with the failure, but my guess is that it's not ideal.

2) I think that two Requires lines may need to change, specifically around python-itsdangerous

Requires:       python3-itsdangerous >= 0.24
Requires:       python-itsdangerous >= 0.24

On CentOS 7, python-itsdangerous-0.23-2.el7.noarch is available from the @extras packages
On RHEL 7, python-itsdangerous-0.23-2.el7.noarch is available from the @rhel-7-server-extras-rpms packages
Unfortunately, these are too low of a version.  I'm guessing we want to use the PGDG-built version.

I think that these lines should actually now be moved to:
Requires:       pgadmin4-python-itsdangerous >= 0.24

Is that a correct assumption?

After making those two modifications (and ignoring the patchfile, which I'm investigating), I am able to build and install pgadmin4 successfully with the new specfile, which is pretty awesome.

Thanks!
  -John