Re: [CommitFest App] Feature request -- review e-mail additions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: [CommitFest App] Feature request -- review e-mail additions
Date
Re: [CommitFest App] Feature request -- review e-mail additions  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 7:47 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
José Luis Tallón wrote:

>     Just wanted to suggest two minor mods to the review e-mails
> auto-generated by the app:
>
> * Prepend a [review] tag to the e-mail subject
>     ... so that e-mails sent to -hackers will read  " [HACKERS] [review]
> <patch title goes here>"

Changing the subject of an email causes Gmail to break the threads, so
anything in that line should be discouraged.  -1 from me.  I would be
happier if the subject of the submission email is kept intact, i.e. not
use the patch title that was used in commitfest app but use the one in
the email.  These often differ.

That's what the code tries to do. It will add a Re: if there isn't one already, but otherwise should reuse it.  At least that's how it's trying to work - do you have a pointer to an example where it doesn't, so I can investigate if something is off?

> * Auto-CC the patch author on this e-mail
>     I guess this should speed up reactions / make communication a bit more
> fluid.

Yes, strong +1 on this.

Ok, that should be easy enough to add. I've stuck it on my TODO list and will try to get it ASAP.

3) Have the auto-generated emails insert In-Reply-To headers (and
perhaps References).

It already does. Both. Again, do you have a pointer to where it doesn't?