Re: [CommitFest App] Feature request -- review e-mail additions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [CommitFest App] Feature request -- review e-mail additions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 7:47 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>
> wrote:
>
> > José Luis Tallón wrote:
> >
> > >     Just wanted to suggest two minor mods to the review e-mails
> > > auto-generated by the app:
> > >
> > > * Prepend a [review] tag to the e-mail subject
> > >     ... so that e-mails sent to -hackers will read  " [HACKERS] [review]
> > > <patch title goes here>"
> >
> > Changing the subject of an email causes Gmail to break the threads, so
> > anything in that line should be discouraged.  -1 from me.  I would be
> > happier if the subject of the submission email is kept intact, i.e. not
> > use the patch title that was used in commitfest app but use the one in
> > the email.  These often differ.
>
> That's what the code tries to do. It will add a Re: if there isn't one
> already, but otherwise should reuse it.  At least that's how it's trying to
> work - do you have a pointer to an example where it doesn't, so I can
> investigate if something is off?

No, I don't, I was just stating that José Luis' description seemed wrong
to me.  I haven't looked carefully at the emails generated from
commitfest app, but it seems to work fine already.

> > > * Auto-CC the patch author on this e-mail
> > >     I guess this should speed up reactions / make communication a bit
> > > more fluid.
> >
> > Yes, strong +1 on this.
>
> Ok, that should be easy enough to add. I've stuck it on my TODO list and
> will try to get it ASAP.

Thanks for doing this :-)

> > 3) Have the auto-generated emails insert In-Reply-To headers (and
> > perhaps References).
>
> It already does. Both. Again, do you have a pointer to where it doesn't?

No, works fine AFAICS.