Re: Supporting Windows SChannel as OpenSSL replacement - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Supporting Windows SChannel as OpenSSL replacement
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 7:45 PM, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:
On 06/09/2014 06:03 PM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
One tricky part is that programs like to use libpq for the
>authentication, and then they hijack the connection using PGgetssl().

Is there*anybody*  other than odbc that does that? Do we actually need a

published API for that, or just a hack for pgodbc?

I wish psqlODBC would stop doing that. It's kind of cool that it supports compiling without libpq, but it's really quite a mess. I think we should modify psqlODBC to use the libpq API like most people do.

This was, I believe, done at one point, and then reverted. I think that was because libpq didn't actually have all the features required either for the current or for planned featues of the ODBC driver. That situation might be very different now though, there's more functionality available in libpq..

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/