Re: Supporting Windows SChannel as OpenSSL replacement - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: Supporting Windows SChannel as OpenSSL replacement
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 06/09/2014 06:03 PM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> One tricky part is that programs like to use libpq for the
>> >authentication, and then they hijack the connection using PGgetssl().
>> >
> Is there*anybody*  other than odbc that does that? Do we actually need a
> published API for that, or just a hack for pgodbc?

I wish psqlODBC would stop doing that. It's kind of cool that it
supports compiling without libpq, but it's really quite a mess. I think
we should modify psqlODBC to use the libpq API like most people do.

- Heikki