Re: Some restructuring of the download section - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Some restructuring of the download section
Date
List pgsql-www
On Tuesday, June 19, 2012, Bjorn Munch wrote:
On 17/06 17.48, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> Also, I need help to update the details for operating systems/distros
> and install methods that I don't know myself. I'd appreciate it if
> someone who does could look at e.g. the RedHat pages and then
> construct similar pages for the following OSes (either send me the
> text, or just do a fork+pullreq on github):

OK one comment about the details for Solaris. I can't easily access
non-web stuff from within the firewall, but it's just one small
change:

You can browse the files on githjub if you want ;) In theory, you can even edit them from a webbrowser I think - I've never tried that myself though...

I'd like to remove OpenSolaris form the list of "Solarises" mentioned;
I replaced that with Solaris 11 several minor versions ago, so Solaris
10 and 11 will be the platforms packaged for in the foreseeable
future.

ok, that's easy enough - changed in my local copy.

Should we perhaps extract some of the information from the README file and put it on this webpage instead, to make it more in line with the other pages? (Note that I say that without having actually looked at the README file since I'm on a non-wifi flight - so if the information corresponding to the stuff we have for other platforms isn't in the README file, perhaps we can write at least some of that?)

//Magnus

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/