Re: Some restructuring of the download section - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Some restructuring of the download section
Date
List pgsql-www
On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 9:44 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:

>> Yeah. But it's a good point that since they are different, I should
>> add info to each of the pages saying exactly how it behaves on that
>> specific platform.
>
> I'm not sure this is really our responsibility. The package maintainer
> should have a webpage explaining how his packages work.

It is our responsibility to some extent (unfortunately), and is
precisely what's driven this and previous designs of these pages. We
get too many confused users emailing us if it's not crystal clear how
they should install and setup binary packages (that's why the
installers were at the top of the page; they made it extremely simple
to get up and running for those that didn't bother to read past the
first couple of lines of text).

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com