Re: Reducing the chunk header sizes on all memory context types - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Rowley
Subject Re: Reducing the chunk header sizes on all memory context types
Date
Re: Reducing the chunk header sizes on all memory context types
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 29 Aug 2022 at 10:39, David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> wrote:
> One more try to make CFbot happy.

After a bit more revision, mostly updating outdated comments and
naming adjustments, I've pushed this.

Per the benchmark results I showed in [1], due to the performance of
having the AllocSet free list pointers stored at the end of the
allocated chunk being quite a bit slower than having them at the start
of the chunk, I adjusted the patch to have them at the start.

Time for me to go and watch the buildfarm results come in.

David

[1] https://postgr.es/m/CAApHDvpuhcPWCzkXZuQQgB8YjPNQSvnncbzZ6pwpHFr2QMMD2w@mail.gmail.com