Re: pg_upgrade & tablespaces - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joseph Kregloh
Subject Re: pg_upgrade & tablespaces
Date
List pgsql-general
I did a bit more experimenting today. First test:

/opt/bin/pg_upgrade -d /usr/local/pgsql/data -D /usr/local/pgsql_93/data/ -b /usr/local/bin/ -B /opt/bin/ -p 5452 -P 5451

It completes successfully, however I still have the user defined tablespaces inside the 9.0 data folder. So I manually moved all tablespaces into the new 9.3 data directory. Then I deleted the 9.0 data directory and renamed the 9.3 directory to /usr/local/pgsql/data. Now the tablespaces are in the correct location and using the 9.3 data folder. The server starts up just fine. On pgAdmin if I view the tables the data shows up, but if I do a SELECT I get:

ERROR:  relation "sys_errors" does not exist
LINE 1: SELECT * FROM sys_errors ORDER BY created_ts DESC LIMIT 100;
                      ^

ERROR: relation "sys_errors" does not exist
SQL state: 42P01
Character: 15

The second test, using the exact same pg_upgrade line. But this time I updated the location of the tablespaces to outside the /data directory. I updated pg_tablespace and re-created all symlinks. Now the data directory doesn't contain the tablespaces. Again pg_upgrade completes successfully and again I get the same error about the relation.

Any thoughts?