Re: How to list current user and database in PSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From bricklen
Subject Re: How to list current user and database in PSQL
Date
List pgsql-general

On Tue, Dec 31, 2013 at 10:55 AM, peterlen <peteralen@earthlink.net> wrote:
After logging into the PSQL Shell Script as a particular user and database, I
want to display who my current user is and what database I am in as I may
have forgotten who I am logged in as in order to make sure any commands are
going to the right place.  In Oracle's SQLPlus you can do something like
"show user" and get feedback on the user you are logged in as.  Is there an
equivalent thing for PSQL to list the user and database?

Thanks - Peter

As Adrian Klaver mentioned, you can set your psql prompt. Here are few entries from my $HOME/.psqlrc

\set PROMPT1 '%n@%`hostname`:%> [%/] %x%# '
\timing on
\pset pager off
\x auto