How to list current user and database in PSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From peterlen
Subject How to list current user and database in PSQL
Date
Re: How to list current user and database in PSQL  (Bosco Rama <postgres@boscorama.com>)
Re: How to list current user and database in PSQL  (bricklen <bricklen@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
After logging into the PSQL Shell Script as a particular user and database, I
want to display who my current user is and what database I am in as I may
have forgotten who I am logged in as in order to make sure any commands are
going to the right place.  In Oracle's SQLPlus you can do something like
"show user" and get feedback on the user you are logged in as.  Is there an
equivalent thing for PSQL to list the user and database?

Thanks - Peter