Re: Single transaction in the tablesync worker? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Single transaction in the tablesync worker?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 7:18 AM Ajin Cherian <itsajin@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 10:38 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Okay, attached an updated patch with only that change.
>
> I ran Erik's test suite [1] on this patch overnight and found no
> errors. No more comments from me. The patch looks good.

Thanks, I have pushed the patch but getting one failure:
https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=thorntail&dt=2021-02-12%2002%3A28%3A12

The reason seems to be that we are trying to connect and
max_wal_senders is set to zero. I think we can write this without
trying to connect. The attached patch fixes the problem for me. What
do you think?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.