Re: Dropped and generated columns might cause wrong data on subs when REPLICA IDENTITY FULL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Dropped and generated columns might cause wrong data on subs when REPLICA IDENTITY FULL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 13, 2023 at 6:26 PM Önder Kalacı <onderkalaci@gmail.com> wrote:

> Attaching v2

Can we change the comment to: "Ignore dropped and generated columns as
the publisher doesn't send those."? After your change, att =
TupleDescAttr(slot1->tts_tupleDescriptor, attrnum); is done twice in
the same function.

In test cases, let's change the comment to: "The bug was that when the
REPLICA IDENTITY FULL is used with dropped or generated columns, we
fail to apply updates and deletes.". Also, I think we don't need to
provide the email link as anyway commit message will have a link to
the discussion.

Did you check this in the back branches?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.