Re: PG compilation error with Visual Studio 2015/2017/2019 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: PG compilation error with Visual Studio 2015/2017/2019
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Apr 18, 2020 at 12:14 AM Juan José Santamaría Flecha
<juanjo.santamaria@gmail.com> wrote:

> We can get a match for those locales in non-ISO format by enumerating available locales with EnumSystemLocalesEx(),
andtrying to find a match.

> Please find a new patch for so.

I have not reviewed or tested the new patch but one thing I would like
to see is the impact of setting LC_MESAGGES with different locale
information.  Basically, the error messages after setting the locale
with _create_locale and with the new method being discussed.  This
will help us in ensuring that we didn't break anything which was
working with prior versions of MSVC.  Can you or someone try to test
and share the results of the same?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.