Re: PG compilation error with Visual Studio 2015/2017/2019 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Juan José Santamaría Flecha
Subject Re: PG compilation error with Visual Studio 2015/2017/2019
Date
Re: PG compilation error with Visual Studio 2015/2017/2019  (Ranier Vilela <ranier.vf@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Apr 17, 2020 at 10:33 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

I see some differences in the output when _create_locale() is used vs.
when GetLocaleInfoEx() is used.  Forex.

Thanks for the thorough review.

The function IsoLocaleName() header comment says "Convert a Windows
setlocale() argument to a Unix-style one", so I was expecting above
cases which gives valid values with _create_locale() should also work
with GetLocaleInfoEx().  If it is fine for GetLocaleInfoEx() to return
an error for the above cases, then we need an explanation of the same
and probably add a few comments as well.  So, I am not sure if we can
conclude that GetLocaleInfoEx() is an alternative to _create_locale()
at this stage.

We can get a match for those locales in non-ISO format by enumerating available locales with EnumSystemLocalesEx(), and trying to find a match.

Please find a new patch for so.

Regards,

Juan José Santamaría Flecha
Attachment