Re: WAL usage calculation patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: WAL usage calculation patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Apr 17, 2020 at 6:45 PM Peter Eisentraut

> On 2020-04-14 05:57, Amit Kapila wrote:
> > Peter E, others, any suggestions on how to move forward?  I think here
> > we should follow the rule "follow the style of nearby code" which in
> > this case would be to have one space after each field as we would like
> > it to be closer to the "Buffers" format.  It would be good if we have
> > a unified format among all Explain stuff but we might not want to
> > change the existing things and even if we want to do that it might be
> > a broader/bigger change and we should do that as a PG14 change.  What
> > do you think?
>
> If looks like shortening to fpw= and using one space is the easiest way
> to solve this issue.

I am fine with this approach and will change accordingly.  I will wait
for a few days (3-4 days) to see if someone shows up with either an
objection to this or with a better idea for the display of WAL usage
information.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.