Re: PG compilation error with Visual Studio 2015/2017/2019 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Juan José Santamaría Flecha
Subject Re: PG compilation error with Visual Studio 2015/2017/2019
Date
Re: PG compilation error with Visual Studio 2015/2017/2019  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Apr 18, 2020 at 6:07 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sat, Apr 18, 2020 at 12:14 AM Juan José Santamaría Flecha
<juanjo.santamaria@gmail.com> wrote:

> We can get a match for those locales in non-ISO format by enumerating available locales with EnumSystemLocalesEx(), and trying to find a match.

I have not reviewed or tested the new patch but one thing I would like
to see is the impact of setting LC_MESAGGES with different locale
information.  Basically, the error messages after setting the locale
with _create_locale and with the new method being discussed.  This
will help us in ensuring that we didn't break anything which was
working with prior versions of MSVC.  Can you or someone try to test
and share the results of the same?

I cannot find a single place where all supported locales are listed, but I have created a small test program (WindowsNLSLocales.c) based on: <language>[_<location>] format locales [1], additional supported language strings [2], and additional supported country and region strings [3]. Based on the results from this test program, it is possible to to do a good job with the <language>[_<location>] types using the proposed logic, but the two later cases are Windows specific, and there is no way arround a lookup-table.

The attached results (WindowsNLSLocales.ods) come from Windows 10 (1903) and Visual C++ build 1924, 64-bit.