Re: Connecting to Postgresql without IP address - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ben Madin
Subject Re: Connecting to Postgresql without IP address
Date
List pgsql-general
Your connection string will work as long as there is a DNS entry for PGServer.

Your pg_hba.conf will however need to have an IP address/netmask. So if you are connecting from within your local network, you can put something like:

hostssl     all      all      192.168.0.0/16       md5

Hth?