Re: Connecting to Postgresql without IP address - Mailing list pgsql-general

From sivapostgres@yahoo.com
Subject Re: Connecting to Postgresql without IP address
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

Using PostgreSQL 11

Currently connecting PostgreSQL database from our Powerbuilder application using the IPAddress as Server Name through ODBC driver.  Would like to know whether we can connect naming the computername instead of IP Address ?  If yes, what info to be entered in pg_hba.config file ?

My connection string is :
"ConnectString='Driver=PostgreSQL Unicode;Database=dbname;Server=192.168.1.21;Port=5432;UID=user;PWD=pass;',DisableBind=1"

Here Server is assigned with IP Address of the computer where PostgreSQL is installed.
I think of doing it with
"ConnectString='Driver=PostgreSQL Unicode;Database=dbname;Server=PGServer;Port=5432;UID=user;PWD=pass;',DisableBind=1"

Is it possible ?

Happiness Always
BKR Sivaprakash