Re: Ubuntu 14.04 (trusty) Postgres 13 deb package - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Ubuntu 14.04 (trusty) Postgres 13 deb package
Date
List pgsql-general
On 6/30/21 5:40 PM, Bhavesh Mistry wrote:
> Hi Joshua,
>
> Thank you for your email.  I understand it is EOL, but I wanted to know
> a way to build a deb package for myself.  I have succeeded
> in building PSQL 13 on 14.04, but without some extensions so I am trying
> it out.  Due to the legacy system, we had to use 14.04.

If you built the Postgres core you should be able to build the
extensions. Note they are located in the contrib/ sub-directory, not the
/src one. You may also have to install additional -dev libraries
depending on the extension.

As to building deb package you might want to take a look at:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Apt/RepoDocs

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com