2 x duplicate key value violation: which exception comes first ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marc Mamin
Subject 2 x duplicate key value violation: which exception comes first ?
Date
List pgsql-general

Hello,

I've a table with 1 primary key and 1 unique index.

I would like to handle differently the duplicate key violations depending on which constraints are affected.

(Within a plpgsql CATCH block, using SQLERRM).

It seems, that when both constraints would be violated, the exception is always about the primary key.

Can I rely on that or should I expect the exception order being random ?

Thanks,

Marc Mamin