using window functions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Daniel Manesajian
Subject using window functions
Date
Re: using window functions  (Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I'm trying to get an advance taste of the window function feature that I believe is supposed to be in 8.4. I'm running 8.4devel snapshot (dated Jan-01 which seems kind of old) grabbed from the snapshot page on the postgresql website.

When I try a simple query "select avg(my_int) over (order by my_int rows unbounded preceding) order by 1;" I get an error:

ERROR:  syntax error at or near "over"

Do I have to build from source to try window functions?

Thank you,

Daniel