Re: using window functions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: using window functions
Date
List pgsql-general
Daniel Manesajian <manesaj@hotmail.com> writes:
> When I try a simple query "select avg(my_int) over (order by my_int rows unbounded preceding) order by 1;" I get an
error:
> ERROR:  syntax error at or near "over"

You sure you're actually talking to the 8.4 server?  Because that's
exactly what you'd get if you tried to feed the command to an older
release.

You might in fact need a newer snapshot too.  The main window functions
commit went in 2008-12-28 but I recall that there were some mop-up fixes
afterwards.  At best a 1-Jan snapshot would be a bit unstable.

            regards, tom lane